The State of Illinois has determined that soccer is a medium risk sport related to the spread of covid-19
With updated guidance and information from Illinois Youth Soccer and various agencies, our volunteers have worked diligently to plan for a Fall season and provide programming that meets the state guidelines.
SUMMARY OF WHAT OPSC IS DOING THIS FALL:
· Current guidance allows for Pods/groups of players of no more than 25 combined people as of the new guidance on August 14th. Each Pod will have a minimum of 3 dedicated volunteer coaches to operate. Without volunteers, there will be no pod. Pods will be based on grade/age, and size will vary. Players will receive 2 jerseys.
· Pod/teams will remain consistent during this phase until told otherwise by State health officials. NO MIXiNG OF PLAYERS FROM OTHER PODS.
· The 3 or more volunteer coaches/assistants will stay with their group throughout the fall, they will not be allowed to assist in more than 2 pods.
· Practice/training/scrimmages will be scheduled 2 or 3 times per week.
· Safety protocols will be in place for all players, parents and volunteers. Masks will be required for any spectator within 10yards of the sideline. Coaches and players will have the option to wear masks but won't be required. No player showing possible symptoms of Covid 19 will be allowed to participate. Hand sanitizer will be available, social distancing guidance will have to be followed for play, etc.
Cost for 1st grade on up will be $45* No family fee
Cost for KK will be $35* No family fee
*a non resident fee of 50% of the registration fee for the village of Orland Park may apply
· The season will start Sep 9th. Waitlist registration for most pods begins Sept 1.